I currently manage and maintain several business pages for clients on Facebook. Over the past couple of years they have seen an increase in sales and interest in their services as well.
When using this tool it is important to remember that Facebook is just that, a tool. It is one of many, but I have found it to be extraordinarily useful.
Here are just a few ways in which you can use your business page to promote:
1. Post items to your status updates that pertain to your area of expertise using keywords in the content.
2. Set up Google Alerts to find content to share with your fans. This can be from blogs and other websites.
3. Use the Events function to create events that you are hosting or promoting.
4. If you have a blog, import your blog into your "Notes" on your business page and you will have ready-made content every time you post a new entry to your blog.
5. If you know Facebook Markup Language (Facebook's version of HTML) or know of someone that does, add your newsletter sign up box to your page. You can even add your products as well. See sidebar at http://www.facebook.com/TheMusiciansGuidetoBrides
6. Create a music library of your music and share with your fans.
7. Post your videos to your page. If you are a musician, post your music videos. If you are an artist, post videos of the creation of your art.
8. Post photos and lots of them. They are a great way of showing you at your gigs, book signings or gallery openings.
There are many ways in which to use Facebook to promote. For more ideas on missed opportunities on Facebook, go to Serenity Virtual Assistant Services to receive your free tutorial on how to create a Facebook profile or purchase the CD or transcript of "11 Ways to Avoid Missed Opportunities on Facebook".